About the project
SENSES has been developed to address a set of specific educational challenges of the 21st century. Social and economic change has been rapid in recent decades, but the skills and knowledge imparted to our children does not reflect this change. There is a need for schools to prepare their students for jobs that have not been created and technologies that have not been invented. The best way of doing this is by empowering teachers and students with skills for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship (SEI). This is vital for the sustainable development of European societies.
SENSES will develop a new educational approach, providing teachers within primary education with an understanding of social innovation and social entrepreneurship and with tools which can be used to enhance skills in teaching SEI. In addition, the project will support learners aged between 7-12 in developing a set of structured competences required to be enterprising and entrepreneurial in a social context. These competences will include adaptability, solving complex and ‘wicked’ problems, creativity and innovation and collaboration.
Students will be supported to develop entrepreneurial mindsets and design innovative solutions to address a range of social challenges, such as environmental consciousness, gender equality and integration of minorities.
Objectives & Key Outcomes
The SENSES project will:
- provide teachers with a collection of guidelines and methodologies for developing students core SEI perceptions and skills
- create and deliver innovative products and teaching and learning methods, targeting school communities in five countries (UK, Spain, Greece, Cyprus and Italy) with various needs and national educational contexts
- develop a virtual learning environment which supports access to materials, tools, and discussion of the project outputs.
Key outcomes will include:
- equipping teachers with an understanding of SEI and the skills needed for transferring and applying this knowledge within their classroom
- equipping students at primary education ages (7-12) and those from marginalised backgrounds with the competencies of social entrepreneurship and social innovation.
Newsletters & Results
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
SENSES aims to promote and improve enterpreneurship education at schools by designing innovative products and teaching/learning methods, to cultivate to sstudents at Primary Education, ages 7-12 with structured competences of social entrepreneurship and innovation context with the mission to develop adaptable thinkers, collaborative problem solvers and irrepressibles social innovators.